Merry Christmas from everyone at Street Child United.
In 2015 your support has provided a continued platform for the voices of street children to be heard – challenging the negative perceptions and helping to transform the way they are treated.
This year, you made all this possible and more! (Click below to see!)
You can be a Games Maker this Christmas
In an Olympic year, as the eyes of the world look to Brazil, the first-ever Street Child Games will take place in Rio de Janeiro.
In March 2016, former street children will come together for a week of Olympic-themed sports, a festival of arts and a Congress for street children’s rights. Each young person will represent their country, sending a clear message to the world – I AM SOMEBODY.
Become a Games Maker this Christmas – pledge your support and help provide key components for the young people at the Street Child Games:
– Accommodation helping make every young person feel at home;
– Professional sports kit so each young person can participate safely, with confidence and pride in their national colours;
– Meals for each young person to enjoy a wholesome breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday;
– Medals and trophies recognising every young person’s accomplishments, both on and off the track;
– Communications including films and photos engaging a global audience with positive stories from the young people – challenging societies to look beyond the negative stereotypes of street children.
Please support the Street Child Games and give a gift this Christmas, or just as importantly make a small regular donation. No matter how big or small you can make a difference.You can give online by clicking here.
*Your donation will be used to deliver our vital services distributed to the area of greatest need at the time of imbursement
Street Child United Marketing and Communications Manager Reporting to: CEO Salary: Up to £35,000, dependent on experience Location: London, but flexible in the short term. Currently working virtually. Closing date: Sunday 4th October (11pm). Interviews...
As part of SCU’s Change10 Programme, our Young Leaders have enjoyed guest-sessions from speakers from a wide variety of backgrounds. In July, they met Mobile School, an NGO working around the world to deliver non-formal education to...
Here at Street Child United we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to keep you up to date on news, fundraising campaigns, events and volunteering opportunities, through our monthly newsletter, or to process your donations.
We will not share your personal data with any third parties, or use your data to contact you for any other purpose.