Merry Christmas from everyone at Street Child United.
In 2015 your support has provided a continued platform for the voices of street children to be heard – challenging the negative perceptions and helping to transform the way they are treated.
This year, you made all this possible and more! (Click below to see!)
You can be a Games Maker this Christmas
In an Olympic year, as the eyes of the world look to Brazil, the first-ever Street Child Games will take place in Rio de Janeiro.
In March 2016, former street children will come together for a week of Olympic-themed sports, a festival of arts and a Congress for street children’s rights. Each young person will represent their country, sending a clear message to the world – I AM SOMEBODY.
Become a Games Maker this Christmas – pledge your support and help provide key components for the young people at the Street Child Games:
– Accommodation helping make every young person feel at home;
– Professional sports kit so each young person can participate safely, with confidence and pride in their national colours;
– Meals for each young person to enjoy a wholesome breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday;
– Medals and trophies recognising every young person’s accomplishments, both on and off the track;
– Communications including films and photos engaging a global audience with positive stories from the young people – challenging societies to look beyond the negative stereotypes of street children.
Please support the Street Child Games and give a gift this Christmas, or just as importantly make a small regular donation. No matter how big or small you can make a difference. You can give online by clicking here.
*Your donation will be used to deliver our vital services distributed to the area of greatest need at the time of imbursement
Together, we are Street Child United! Thank you for an incredible 2015. We wish you a merry Christmas and a very happy New Year – here’s to championing the rights of street children in 2016!
John Wroe, CEO and the Street Child United Team
“No child should have to live on the streets and I fully endorse this campaign giving street children a voice to claim their rights”
“It was possible to gather many nationalities, story cultures, viagra 60mg and form a nation: a nation of free man, with equal rights and opportunities, mutual respect, rightful duties. It was 10 days when the world, in that corner of Rio, was fair to socially excluded children; they could feel the beauty of being somebody in this world.”
“When ever people come across me they laugh. It seems like my mouth is zipped because they talk for us. I wish they could give us a chance to talk for ourselves.”